With the greatest respect, you are effectively saying that you don’t know the current situation, hence the gathering of information. You could be busy appointing staff where there is already a surplus of staff. There will be no prejudice to the SABC to temporarily put a moratorium on appointments until such time we have the information at our disposal (the 14th). However, if you continue to staff the SABC, and it was not the correct decision in the circumstances, the SABC may open itself for litigation and employees may be severely prejudiced by this.
The practical implication of appointing staff whilst you were supposed to reduce staff is that newly appointed staff members may be faced with retrenchment. Such employees could have left stable jobs and find themselves on the streets as a result of retrenchments.
We urge you once again to immediately put a moratorium on appointments, as previously requested until we have the “as is” situation of the SABC and the report referred to in your correspondence.
The SABC cannot afford to waste a cent.
Hannes du Buisson
On 2011/02/04 11:53 AM, "Justice Ndaba" <NdabaJ@sabc.co.za> wrote:
Mr. du Busson
I appreciate your situation, however I propose that we stick with our agreement as stated yesterday mainly because that exercise is meant to gather information that will help us with identifying critical posts, and in particular so that when we do put a moratorium then it from an informed position.
Please exercise patience we will meet the deadline of the 14th.
From: BEMAWU HEADOFFICE [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 11:11 AM
To: Justice Ndaba
Cc: Robin Nicholson; Keobokile Mosweu; Tuwani Gumani; Vulture
Subject: Filling of positions
In our meeting yesterday, 3 February 2011 we have once again raised our concern about the filling of positions whilst we are in a process of restructuring. Hereunder more positions advertised this morning.
Should you not place an immediate, written moratorium on the filling of all positions, except those one required by the Act to be filled, we consider seeking an urgent intervention from the Labour Court. You informed us in yesterday’s meeting you are not sure how the structure at it lowest levels will look like. What if it is required to cut at these levels too?
We respectfully request your most urgent response.
Hannes du Buisson
From: Corporate Communications
Sent: 04 February 2011 10:06 AM
To: ***All SABC Personnel
Subject: Intercom Update-Vacancies and Smalls
POSITION: DRIVER/OFFICE ASSISTANT
DIVISION: OFFICE OF THE GCEO AND COMPANY SECRETARY
SCALE CODE: 405
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide an effective and efficient collection and delivery service to the offices of the GCEO and Company Secretary
· Efficient and effective collection and delivery of mail and other items on behalf of the GCEO, Company Secretary and staff, in accordance with instructions
· Maintain vehicle by keeping it clean, reporting problems, taking it for a service, filling it with petrol etc.
· Keep an accurate logbook, including petrol usage & kilometres travelled
· Time and cost management, by planning trips more efficiently
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Assisting with general office administration
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Valid driver’s licence
· Familiar with the Witwatersrand area/roads
Interested applicants should send a concise CV must be submitted to: The Human Resources Administrator, Room 2644 RadioPark, or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11 February 2011
If you have not had any response within six weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and the SABC’s Employment Equity initiatives.
REGION: FREE STATE AND NORTHERN CAPE
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – BLOEMFONTEIN
RADIO SALES – GOVERNMENT SALES PORTFOLIO
SCALE CODE: 403
To generate and maximize sales revenue and optimize on sales targets specifically focusing on Government business within the Free State & Northern Cape region.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Maximise Radio Airtime Sales revenue through developing sales targets in conjunction with Manager
· Identify and exploit new business opportunities
· Analyse and evaluate current business to maximize revenue
· Analyse competition and market trends to identify revenue opportunities
· Evaluate lost/dropped business by client (Government)
· Take comprehensive client briefs and close sales deals
· Ensure that contracts are delivered timeously to clients (Government)
· Follow up on sales leads timeously
· Develop pro-active client initiatives
· Facilitate workshops with clients in order to generate sales
· Provide effective after sales service to ensure future business and communicate results of advertising campaign to clients in the form of a post campaign review
· Use up-sell opportunities where necessary
· Develop and present proposals to clients to generate sales
· Provide weekly and monthly reports
· Build and maintain close relations with government through understanding their business and media needs
· Handle all client requests effectively and timeously
· A relevant tertiary qualification in Sales and Marketing (e.g. IMM, AAA)
· 3 - 5 years media sales experience with an excellent sales track record
· Ability to build and maintain relationships and be customer service orientated
· Understanding of government (business and structures) and able tto establish networks and relationships with key decision makers within
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) interpersonal & presentation skills
· Able to perform under pressure with the flexibility and willingness to work extended hours
· Excellent planning and time management skills
· Computer literate with competence in MS Office software
· Passion for radio/media with knowledge and understanding of SABC Radio Brands
· Energetic and results orientated person who has a desire to succeed
· Persuasive with excellent selling skills and tenacity
· Team player, but also able to work independently, solve problems and take decisions
· Valid driver’s license and own transport.
A detailed CV to be sent to Christelene Simpson, on the following e-mail, email@example.com, or fax to (051) 503 – 3239.
Closing date: 18 February 2011
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and the SABC’s Employment Equity initiatives. If you have not heard from the Company in six weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business of the SABC is proprietary to the SABC. If the email is used other than for official business of the SABC or the views and opinions expressed in the email are not authorised by the SABC, the views and opinions expressed are those of the individual sending the email.
The content of this email is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if this email and its attachments have unintentionally reached you; do not read, copy, disseminate or use the content in any way and delete the email and any copies of it.
Whilst all reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the information, and that this email and its attachments are free from any virus, the SABC accepts no liability however arising or responsibility whatsoever in this regard, and in keeping with good computing practice, the scanning of files and attachments is advised.
------ End of Forwarded Message
Hannes du Buisson
Tel. 012 6537380